1.22.2009

Mom and Dad, Ask For Your Money Back

Today was a very sad in the life of LLSS. No more boob. No more nursie. No more. This news triggered an unprecedented two-hour breakdown involving very high-pitched screaming at ear-piercing decibels. Maybe it would have been better if I didn't have a RAGING MIGRAINE at the time.

So, I learned today that my tonsils, removed in 1989 or so, are growing back. Well. That's exciting. Makes all the pain, agony, and throwing up 20 years ago seem so worth it. Plus, all the money Mom and Dad spent on the surgery: apparently, down the drain.


The plus side of it is that I have a really good feeling about the doctor I saw today. She seems to be up on her medical knowledge, not at all condescending even when I couldn't remember simple facts or put together a coherent sentence (migraine), and willing to work with me to get these blasted headaches under control. SO, this leads us back to LLSS and her cold-turkey, boob-free day. The doctor prescribed beta blockers in a very low dose to continually reduce the blood pressure in my head in the hopes of lessening the number and severity of headaches I get. But, the catch is that they are not safe for nursing babies, excuse me, big girls, so poor Clare is now a victim of the migraine monster as well. We both cried. It is a sad day for us.


The doctor also gave me a new painkiller combo that I hadn't tried before and my favorite anti-nausea medicine (also not baby approved). All I can say is, "Thank God for Cinderella." For an hour and 20 minutes I was able to huddle in a small ball on the couch with my head covered while LLSS was entertained by singing mice and birds, bad cats, and evil stepmothers. Way to go, Disney. Thanks for sending it, Cheda. And thanks to Brig and Noah for loving it too!


The new baby quilt is coming along. I've been procrastinating about attaching the binding and I don't know why. I think I was the same way with Julianna's quilt. So, here is a picture of the quilt top while I was laying it out to see which blocks where gave it the best look. It seems as though I don't have any of the quilted pictures on the computer yet, but I'll get there. Have I sung the praises of the walking foot yet?


We might see some sunshine tomorrow and temperatures about freezing! I'm crossing my fingers for a migraine-free day.

No comments: