1.25.2011

Projecting

This month I finished a quilt for baby Lola and even got it in the mail. As always, there were a few unexpected glitches, but all in all I think it turned out quite nicely. One of the main things I learned is that it is much better to start on the same edge every time when doing straight line quilting like this. At least on my machine, when I turned it and went back in the opposite direction there was some interesting puckering. Live and learn.I'm not sure why I love white on the back of baby quilts. Maybe because it seems so pure?
This is the front of a new baby quilt I am putting together for some friends who are expecting their first baby in a few months.
This is what I am hoping the back with look like when I am finished with it. Well, much neater, but you get the idea?
Finally, here is the fabric I hope to use in the making of Emily and Ryan's wedding quilt. I still need final approval from the bride but I am really loving these greens, blues, and grays together.
I guess I wasn't quite finished, but the last one is a bit of a secret. I am planning on making a quilt to enter in a contest and it is due at the end of March. It also involves a TON of technical stuff I know nothing about but am going to try to wing in typical Kate fashion. If it turns out I will be posting it here eventually.

Looking for pictures of the kidlings? They are in the January, January post!

No comments: