9.15.2009

60 Post 60 Days: Day 9

A Daily Dose of Sanity (and Reality)

Every day I read blogs of (mostly) women I don't know. I think this is a bit perplexing to Mike. Today I was reading this blog entry, from a new blog I discovered a few days ago. Um, yeah, life-summed-up. And then I was reading the comments, and there was the answer I was looking for to the question about why I read them. To know that I am not alone. In this house. Day after day. Doing the same things. Again and again. Because that's how I feel sometimes. Mundane. Boring. And yes, when I don't feel as though I have gotten it right, inadequate.

And, no, I don't really care to hear how things were 20, 30, 50 years ago, because that IS NOT now. I want to know how contemporary women feel. Particularly women who have had a successful career outside the home before deciding to stay home with their children. Women who loved getting up in the morning, going out into the world, making a difference, and bringing home a paycheck. Who now sit on the floor and change poopy diapers, refill sippies, and answer, "Why?" too many times to count each and every day. Yes, we scrimp and save and don't buy many (any) luxurious items for the sake of me staying home. Yes, I could go get a job and put the wee one(s) in childcare. But I am CHOOSING not to do that. So I am not complaining about what we don't have. I just want to read about the struggles of women in the current day and age who are doing exactly the same. Thanks, ladies, for posting with honesty, with passion, and with humor. Maybe one day I'll even link you in my sidebar!

No comments: