11.13.2008

And She Swears Up and Down

Pioneer Street, that is. LLSS swore in public today. Well, we were walking on the sidewalk and I don't think anyone was near enough to hear, but...

(Sun shining brightly through the trees)
CLARE
"Oh shit, I need my sunglasses."
KATE
"What?"
CLARE
"Oh shit, I need my sunglasses."
KATE
(not sure if I am hearing correctly)
"What did you say?"
CLARE
"Oh shit..."
KATE
"Umm, we don't say that. We say, "Oh bummer."
CLARE
"Oh bummer, I need my sunglasses."
End of conversation. She didn't bring it up again, although now I know that it is stored in there. And I'm pretty sure, in hindsight, that she has said it several times before but I thought she was saying something else. We're now solidly focused on "BUMMER" and I am preparing myself in advance for all those call home from school. Yikes!

No comments: