11.24.2008

Bound to Get It In The Mail

Here it is! The finished product. It seems like ages ago that I was piecing the front in late July when we still lived in Sitka. Sarah was visiting, the movers were coming in a day or two, and my sewing machine was anything but cooperative. I think there was a lot of swearing under my breath if I remember correctly.
This is the back: a sweet Alexander Henry print. I saw it on Etsy.com and loved it immediately. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but when I started this project, this fabric seemed like an ideal complement to the bold colors on the front.
So, I will send this to baby Julianna. It is my hope that it will take many fieldtrips: to the park, in the car, in the stroller. I would love to see it grass-stained and mud-stained, covered in remnants of the fun and exciting childhood I know she is going to have. Congratulations, Tracy and Mark, and welcome to the world little baby Julianna!
I'll leave you with a picture from this past Sunday. There are my two favorite people taking a trip to the hardware store. What a lovely way for a dad and little girl to spend part of their Sunday morning.




No comments: