10.19.2009

60 Posts 60 Days: Day 43

Early Birthday Celebration

There is a new member of our household. Her name is Valencia. She has four rather rigid legs, black stringy hair, and springs. Grandma and Grandpa arrived yesterday to help hold down the fort while Mike goes hunting this week and since they were in town we thought it would be nice to have an early birthday party for the wee miss. Her gift from them: a Radio Flyer Spring Horse. Clare chose to name her Valencia in honor of the first horse she ever rode. She brushes her mane and feeds her carrots. Valencia comes with a battery-powered interactive voice which shall remain something of a mystery to Clare for as long as possible. Just call me mean. I can live with it!

Clare and I also made a cake in honor of the celebration. It is one of my favorites. I've only made it twice before but each time I think to myself that I should make it more often. It is a chocolate raspberry torte. A dense, dark, chocolaty cake sliced in half and filled with raspberry infused whipped cream (fool) then frosted with the same and topped with fresh raspberries and mint leaves. Beautiful to look at, delicious to eat.

And in one week we will have a bona fide three year old living with us. Honestly, where did the time go?

No comments: