10.21.2009

60 Posts 60 Days: Day 45

Coma Naps and Other Pregnancy Fun Times

As Mike headed out into the woods this morning for a few days of hunting, armed with not only a rifle but also a borrowed cell phone (thanks Mom and Dad) in case of emergencies (mostly mine), I suddenly felt the effects of waking up numerous times during the night to use the bathroom and was so happy to have Bob and Carol (the in-laws) here for the time Mike would be gone. Just a few hours later I crashed on the bed in what I can only describe as the coma nap. When just a few minutes to rest my legs turns into 90 minutes of non-recollection. Pure time lapse. Which I wouldn't have been able to do (I don't think) without the presence of additional adults in the house. And this coma nap must be pregnancy related, because I'm sure that no one in any other state of mind or body could so effectively tune out 90 minutes of Clifford the Big Red Dog on the TV!

Plus I don't think I have written a sensical (yes, the opposite of nonsensical) entry in the blog in months. Also blaming the pregnancy.

And I'm a bit stressed out about finding the H1N1 vaccine in time....17 days until that due date. Time keeps on ticking.

No comments: